[Interview starts at 34:22]
This week, we delve into the complicated world of inflatable watercraft. There are such a lot of types to select from, together with SUPs, kayaks, and rafts. That are finest for fly fishing? What are some recommendations on fish from one? How do you deal with anchoring and paddling whereas being able to make a solid? No matter which sort you select, they’re light-weight and packable (apart from the bigger rafts), they usually’ll get you into locations the place drift boats and motorboats can’t go. Mike Dolmage is a fly fishing fanatic and is in command of advertising and marketing fishing craft for NRS, so his information will provide help to make an knowledgeable choice and provide you with some recommendations on fishing out of your inflatable.
Within the Fly Field, I attempt to reply some simple and troublesome questions, together with:
- Would you advocate a Energy Taper or Financial institution Shot fly line for fishing for largemouth bass from shore?
- How can I catch striped bass on the Hudson River?
- I’ve a 6- and an 8-weight rod and I need to streamer fish in Montana. Do I would like a 7-weight?
- How can I get permission to fish non-public land when bluelining?
- I’m catching huge trout on nymphs and need to get a rod longer than 9 ft. Can I fish Euro-style and nonetheless land huge trout on a 10-foot 3-weight, or ought to I take a look at a 10-foot 4-weight or 5-weight?
- How lengthy do you assume is simply too lengthy to play a trout?
- Can I exploit a sinking PolyLeader with an intermediate line?
- How do you fish attractor flies? Do I simply throw one on the market, or ought to I pay extra consideration to hatches?
- What line ought to I get for tarpon fishing with my 11-weight rod?
- Do brown and rainbow trout have completely different feeding methods?
- Is there a sinking fly line I can use with each streamers and nymphs?