Capt. Pete Scafaru is a brand new Orvis-endorsed information in New Orleans (he’s not new at guiding, simply new to the Orvis program), and he shares his huge expertise on what to anticipate at completely different instances of the season, find out how to current the fly, and find out how to goal redfish in shallow water. No matter the place you fish for redfish, his ideas will probably be helpful.
Within the Fly Field, now we have some questions and ideas that I believe will probably be of curiosity to all fly fishers, together with:
- What ideas or tips do you will have for an older angler who has issues threading small flies?
- A tip from a listener about how he attaches a dropper nymph to his tippet with a clinch knot so he can change both fly with out re-tying each flies.
- A tip from a listener on find out how to estimate measurements utilizing components of your arms and fingers.
- Why does Orvis not promote a 7-weight Superfine Glass fly rod?
- Do you ever use indicators when fishing nymphs on small mountain brook trout streams?
- Can I fish delicate hackles throughout the winter?
- Why are individuals so nasty after I publish fly-tying movies on social media? Do you get these sorts of feedback within the podcast mailbox?
- Does it matter the place I put my wing case on Perdigon nymphs, and why are some Perdigons comparatively fats? I assumed “skinny for the win” was the mantra for these flies.
- Why would individuals throw streamers on Euro-nymphing rods?
- I purchased an previous 7½-foot, 6-weight Madison bamboo fly rod. Will this be higher with a 5- or 6-weight line, and can or not it’s OK for basic trout fishing?