[Interview starts at 51:36]
This week, my visitor is information and creator Matt Supinski, one of the crucial revolutionary thinkers in fly fishing, with a protracted historical past within the enterprise. The subject is selectivity, which Matt wrote a complete guide about a number of years in the past. What’s selectivity in fish feeding, is it at all times working, why does it occur, and the way can we use it to our benefit when fishing? It’s an interesting subject and one Matt and I discover in depth.
Within the Fly Field this week, we have now some nice questions and feedback, together with:
- Do longer rods roll forged higher than shorter ones? And do slower rods roll forged higher?
- Can I exploit a type of yarn apply rods to fine-tune my double haul?
- Why can I solely discover lead break up shot? Isn’t it unhealthy for the surroundings?
- Who have been your “media heroes” when rising up?
- Do the vibrations from car-top rod carriers injury rods?
- A listener takes me to job for suggesting individuals use a throat pump to see what trout are consuming.
- Why do trout typically not reply to heavy hatches?
- The smallmouth bass in my native streams are fairly small. Why don’t they develop larger?
- How can I catch trout in a small stream that runs into an area pond?
- What can I do to make stripers on the flats take my flies? They preserve following however don’t commit.
- Why do fly store workers receives a commission such a low wage?
- Does green-colored tippet materials provide any benefit?
- How can I enhance my dexterity and effectivity when tying knots on the water?
- Can I exploit a reel appropriate for an 8-weight line on my 5-weight rod?