[Interview starts at 45:23]
Can you actually catch large cutthroat trout within the desert? Are they really a local species? And do they actually fish with ladders? You’ll discover out in my interview with Orvis-endorsed information Mike Anderson, who guides for the Reno Fly Store.
Within the Fly Field this week, now we have some fantastic feedback and thought-provoking questions, together with:
- I can’t preserve the knots in my rubber legs on hopper patterns. How do you do it?
- What widespread fly-tying supplies can I get from animals I’ve harvested, what components ought to I exploit, and the right way to you put together and retailer them?
- What’s the benefit of going from 140-denier tying thread to 70-denier, and when and why ought to I exploit it?
- A listener explains why he welcomes new individuals to the game.
- I simply received an intermediate line for fishing in lakes. Will or not it’s helpful in streams?
- I’ve an previous rod with a unfastened ferrule. Is there any manner of fixing it?
- Is my 9½ foot 6-weight rod too mild to throw huge articulated flies for bull trout?
- I do know trout lie in seams in a river. Will steelhead be in seams as nicely?
- Can I exploit stitching thread for tying flies?
- My double surgeon’s knots preserve breaking. What am I doing mistaken?
- Are there particular combating strategies while you hook a fish on a downstream drift?
- Why do individuals inform me to fish at excessive tide, once I can stroll out farther at low tide?
- Can I swing a streamer in salt water?
- Do modifications in air temperature have an effect on fish within the ocean as a lot as in contemporary water?
- What do I do to take my trout fishing to the subsequent degree? What ought to I think about?
- Why are bamboo rods usually shorter than graphite, and the way do I journey with a two-piece bamboo rod?
- I’m dropping extra fish with giant flies than I do with small flies. What’s the difficulty?