[Interview starts at 37:57]
This week, my visitor is Austin Boswell, proprietor and information for Eastern Oregon River Outfitters. I needed to speak to Austin as a result of I’m doing a two-part sequence on why younger persons are immediately stepping into fly fishing after a few years of it being principally an older individual’s pastime. I bought into fly fishing at a younger age, however in these days all of the fly fishers I knew have been older, and at present we’re seeing a terrific inflow of younger folks taking over the game. Why? I don’t have any solutions, so for the subsequent two podcasts I’m going to be interviewing two fly fishers underneath the age of 30 to seek out out why it’s so intriguing to them.
Within the Fly Field, we now have some attention-grabbing questions and feedback, together with:
- I discovered my fly line wrapped over itself on my reel. How did that occur and the way can I stop it?
- My usually easy-to-approach brook trout have develop into actually spooky within the low water of summer season. Will they be simpler as soon as the water ranges come again up? Is my fly line scaring them and what can I do?
- How lengthy do felt soles final?
- When did Orvis cease impregnating bamboo rods and why?
- An awesome quote on harvesting fish by blogger and creator Invoice Robichaud
- Is there a typical for reel foot sizing? Are the reel ft totally different in different-sized reels?
- What taper mannequin are the varied Recon fashions primarily based on?
- Why do my Chubby Chernobyl flies not float effectively?
- Do trout eat woolly bear caterpillars?
- How do I forged an open loop when utilizing indicators or dry droppers?
- Why do caddis flies and midges have a pupa stage and mayflies don’t?
- How do I combine dubbings with totally different textures in a espresso grinder?